NO NEED TO WORRY!
We have the specialized equipment and training to properly clean any type of area rug. From valuable Oriental rugs, thick wool shag rugs, or custom made rugs.
We can arrange to pick-up your area rug, or you can drop it off at our shop.
Cleaning area rugs and wool rugs in particular can be tricky and require specialized training to clean. Highland Pro Clean is certified, and fully insured so you can feel comfortable leaving your rugs in our care.
Many people are surprised to find out how many steps go into properly cleaning an area rug. The methods may vary from one type of rug to another, but here are some of the steps involved in the process:
- When your rugs arrive at our shop, they are carefully examined to determine the best method of cleaning.
- Rugs are then thoroughly pre-vacuumed.
- Next the rug gets a dust down process on a special rack to remove deep down dry soil.
- Rugs that have pet problems can be put into our decontamination tank to soak.
- The rug is then put into the cleaning bath, sprayed with cleaning solution, and cleaned front and back.
- Next it’s flushed with clean water to rinse the contaminates and dirt away.
- Excess water is extracted to help with drying.
- After cleaning, we hang the area rug, then examine the fringes and comb them out.
- Air movers and dehumidification are used for fast drying.
- After the rug is thoroughly dried we put it through a second deodorizing process using hydroxyl technology.
- Teflon application is also available.
- Your rugs are then rolled up and packaged to keep them clean until you pick them up or we deliver them back to your home.
See the Steps